FOIA Staff (Level 4)
NAPCA is looking for a senior 55 years of age or older (PL-98-313) to work under the Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) Program, for the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Office of Environmental Information (OEI)/FOIA, Libraries & Accessibility Division (FLAD) in Washington, DC.
FOIA Staff will serve in the role of a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) professional and assist in the programmatic operations of the National FOIA Program.
- Review incoming FOIA requests (20%)
- Enter new requests in FOIAonline, Agency Tracking System (5%)
- Make assignment of FOIA requests (15%)
- Make fee waiver and expedited processing determination recommendations and draft correspondence (20%)
- Work within FOIAonline to assist in the process of FOIA requests (10%)
- Answer phone calls/emails and provide assistance (15%)
- Draft routine correspondence (10%)
- Work on special projects related to FOIA processing (5%)
- 55 years of age or older
- College Degree (BS/BA)
- Have at least three years of experience in Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
- Knowledge of Windows operating system and use of business machines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
*This position is in support of a Federally Funded Program with a defined hourly rate.