Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy
Air Quality Specialist
NAPCA needs a senior 55 years of age or older (PL-98-313) to work under the Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) program, for the Air Quality Division under Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy at Detroit, Michigan.
- MUST BE AT LEAST 55 YEAR OF AGE TO MEET REQUIREMENTS OF PL98-313.
- BA/BS degree with background in Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental Health, Environmental Science, Physical Science, Ecology, Biology, Resource Development, or Resource Management.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in Environmental regulatory programs and Industrial operations.
- Previous training in Reviewing environmental laws and regulations is a plus.
- Efficient in Windows, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Google Earth.
Provide support to Air Quality Division’s program administered in the field.
- Conduct reviews of Title V, MACT, NESHAP, and NSPS report submittals.
- Extracts and compiles data for compliance evaluations.
- Assist with public outreach related to Title V.
- Conduct special projects and duties as assigned.
$12.72/hour, 40 hours/week.
15 vacation days, 12 sick days plus Michigan National Holiday.
Program-paid medical insurance and self-paid dental and vision plans are available.
*** This position is in support of a Federally Funded Program with a defined hourly rate. ***