SEE/EPA CPHEA CPAD-IO
Administrative Assistant, Level II
NAPCA needs a senior 55 years of age or older (PL-98-313) to work under the Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) Program, for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Center for Public Health and Environmental Assessment (CPHEA) in Cincinnati, OH.
Qualifications: Must be 55 years of age or older. Have at least two years of administrative assistant experience, be knowledgeable of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and be familiar with clerical and office equipment. Have excellent oral and written communication skills, and demonstrated ability to work independently.
Responsibilities and Duties: Provide a full range of standard and non-standard clerical and administrative assignments for one or more branches of the Chemical and Pollutant Assessment Division (CPAD) Immediate Office (IO):
- Provide assistance to the Federal traveler as a liaison with the Office of Resource Management Travel Team in helping the traveler prepare for domestic and international travel. Review and track travel forms for accuracy and compliance with EPA Government Regulations, including vouchers and other domestic and international forms. Making travel reservations when necessary and tracking all cancellations when necessary;
- Prepare procurement request forms for office supplies using the latest EPA software packages. Knowledge of purchase card regulations and best practices. Maintain ongoing supply inventory;
- Organize, schedule audio/video conference calls and arrange meeting space via EPA’s Room Reservation System;
- Proofread, design and maintain branch and other office rosters and spread sheets along with emergency contact lists;
- Assist the Federal Administrative staff with other duties as they arise and provide analytical evaluative recommendations for improving the efficiency of the office; and
- Independently directs requests for technical information to appropriate branch and division personnel.
$8.78 per hour / 40 hours per week. Program enrollment is temporary year-to-year. Paid holidays, vacation, sick leave. Available program-paid medical insurance, enrollee-paid dental and vision plans.
Send your resume and cover letter to Naoko@napca.org.
*** This position is in support of a Federally Funded Program with a defined hourly rate ***