SEE/EPA CPHEA / CPAD-IO
Administrative Assistant, Level III
NAPCA needs a senior 55 years of age or older (PL-98-313) to work under the Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) Program, for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Center for Public Health and Environmental Assessment (CPHEA) in Washington, DC.
Qualifications: Must be 55 years of age or older. Have an associate degree in related field, and at least five years of administrative / technical support, with experience in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Project, or similar applications. Experience is desired with domestic and international travel arrangements, and videoconference equipment. Have excellent oral and written communication skills, and demonstrated organizational skills and ability to work independently.
Responsibilities and Duties: Assist the Chemical and Pollutant Assessment Division (CPAD) Division Director and Associate Division Director in all administrative aspects:
- Provide logistic and administrative support to ensure smooth operations of the CPAD Immediate Office (IO), such as managing supplies and office needs, supporting senior managers with travel arrangements, and tracking costs and documentation;
- Assist with tracking and coordination of CPAD scientific assessment program activities. Assist in gathering and analyzing information needed to evaluate CPAD scientific and programmatic needs;
- Assist with the logistics and coordination activities for briefings, meetings, workshops, and other collaborative efforts. Maintain records of meetings, correspondence, and action documents, and maintain a system to track projects in progress;
- Conduct logistical, planning, and functional activities in support of CPAD assessment product development, as needed. Manages multiple conference room schedules using electronic databases; and
- Assist the Federal Administrative staff with other duties as they arise.
$14.00 per hour / 40 hours per week. Program enrollment is temporary year-to-year. Paid holidays, vacation, sick leave. Available program-paid medical insurance, enrollee-paid dental and vision plans.
Send your resume and cover letter to Naoko@napca.org.
*** This position is in support of a Federally Funded Program with a defined hourly rate ***