Data Management Specialist / Records Coordinator Level IV
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Water Division/Groundwater and Drinking Water Section
NAPCA needs a U.S. citizen 55 years of age or older (PL-98-313) to work under the Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) Program, for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in Seattle, WA.
- BA/BS in Database Management, Chemistry, Environmental Science, or related field or minimum of 5 years related experience in database and file management.
- Must have strong organizational skills and excellent data entry accuracy.
- Familiarity with drinking water and water treatment issues is a plus.
- Efficient in Windows, Word, Excel, Access, Adobe, and Outlook.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Support data management and rule implementation in Tribal Drinking Water Program by maintaining database system.
- Enter and update lab sample results.
- Enter sanitary surveys/inspection findings, milestones and associated enforcement actions.
- Update inventory: contacts, facilities, population, etc.
- Manage data queries using the Access database.
Provide administrative support to staff on sampling plans and data collection from water systems.
- Conduct QA/QC on all sample reports submitted to EPA.
- Follow up on missing information by calling lab/water system.
- Correlate sample sites with water monitoring plans.
- Provide help over the phone/in-person to samplers/water operators.
- Eager to interface with the public/regulated community.
- Willingness to communicate complex information to water utility staff.
- Good customer service skills.
- Aptitude to learn computer program: Safe Drinking Water Information System (SDWIS).
- Diligent, thorough, detail-oriented self-starter.
- Team player, willing to coordinate closely with tribal drinking water staff.
$16.39 per hour / 40 hours per week. Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave. Program-paid medical insurance and self-paid dental and vision plans are available. Program enrollment is temporary year-to-year.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
*** This position is in support of a Federally Funded Program with a defined hourly rate ***