The National Asian Pacific Center on Aging is seeking candidates 55 years of age and older for the position of Information Management Specialist with the U.S. EPA Senior Environmental Employment Program.
This position offers a hybrid schedule of in-person and telework.
The Information Management Specialist will help EPA staff to manage records in accordance with the retention records schedule for the water quality programs and section standard operating procedures. Support EPA staff in tribal engagement and consultation process, generate reports using EPA data systems such as GRTS and ATTAINS, manage the Watersheds Section SharePoint site, and conduct other support duties.
This position can be performed part or full time and available for telework for part of the time.
- Must be at least 55 years old and U.S. citizen.
- BA/BS Degree in any of these areas of study: Library Science, Information Systems, Life or Physical Scientist, Public Policy or any other degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to work as part of a team as well as work independently. Work efficiently within the strict deadlines.
- Familiar with MS Office application
Responsibilities and Duties
Records Management: ·
- Work with technical staff to set up, manage, close out and archive the administrative records for decisions made in water quality programs including developing the administrative record index and a file system to reassure successful records transfer into the Agency’s records archival system.
- Assess and verify the accuracy of the records’ descriptions and validate successful transfer of the records in the archival system.
- Help with the transition from paper to electronic records and support staff who leave the Section on transferring their records.
- Conduct other projects related to the development, organization, storage, and retrievability of records.
Information Systems Support:
- Support EPA staff on the Nonpoint Source (NPS) program’s data system, Grant Reporting and Tracking System (GRTS) including developing and generating reports and reviewing data entered by the States for accuracy and completeness.
- Support EPA staff on the 303d Listing and TMDL program’s data system, ATTAINS including developing and generating reports and reviewing data entered by the States for accuracy and completeness.
- Support EPA staff on the tribal engagement and consultation process, Watershed Section’s SharePoint site and other projects.
Benefits: Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. Program-paid medical insurance and enrollee-paid dental and vision plans available. This position is reviewed annually and may or may not be renewed.
**This position is in support of a Federally funded Employment Program with a defined hourly rate**
Job Types: Full-time, Part Time Contract
COVID-19 Considerations: U.S. EPA follows federal guidelines regarding COVID-19 safety and reopening procedures. For more information visit www.epa.gov.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $18.01 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location