The National Asian Pacific Center on Aging is seeking candidates 55 years of age and older for the position of Management Assistant Specialist with the U.S. EPA Senior Environmental Employment Program.
This Management Assistant Specialist assists with assigning site identification (ID) data entry into the Waste Data System (WDS), processing of hazardous waste user charge invoices and processes the biennial report.
This position can be available for telework for part of the time.
- Must be at least 55 years old and U.S. citizen.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to work as part of a team as well as work independently. Work efficiently within the strict deadlines.
- Familiar with MS Office application
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assigns Site ID numbers and data entry of those numbers in WDS.
- Answers questions from facilities concerning on Site ID applications.
- Assists with correspondence preparations and performs mailing.
- QA/QC of site ID module in WDS database which includes data entry from hazardous waste invoices.
- Carries out special projects and compose special reports for the Section; biennial reporting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Benefits: Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. Program-paid medical insurance and enrollee-paid dental and vision plans available. This position is reviewed annually and may or may not be renewed.
**This position is in support of a Federally funded Employment Program with a defined hourly rate**
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lansing, MI 48933: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Powerpoint: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location