The National Asian Pacific Center on Aging is seeking candidates 55 years of age and older for the position of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Reviewer with the U.S. EPA Senior Environmental Employment Program.
This position offers a hybrid schedule of in-person and telework.
- Must be at least 55 years old and U.S. citizen.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to work as part of a team as well as work independently. Work efficiently within the strict deadlines.
- Familiar with MS Office applications.
Preferred experiences in:
U. S. Government: Department of Interior bureaus or services, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, U.S. Forest Service, U.S. Department of Transportation agencies, the EPA, etc.
Science/Engineering Fields: Hardrock mine or dam engineering, Renewable energy or petroleum-based energy projects, Health impact analysis, Air quality modeling, Environmental Justice Assessment, Forest Management, Disaster Recovery, National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), etc.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Provide research, policy evaluation and advice regarding National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) review, impact of federal actions on the environment and/or public health, and emerging environmental impact analysis, methodology, and mitigation.
· Serve as a subject matter expert on evaluating environmental impacts and provide technical support to EPA staff.
· Work with multiple large scale project analyses. Coordinate interagency meetings and calls with federal agency partners and stakeholders.
· Document work performed in existing national NEPA review workload tracking systems. Provide record keeping and administrative support to the NEPA team.
Benefits: $21.01 per hour. Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. Program-paid medical insurance and enrollee-paid dental and vision plans available. This position is reviewed annually and may or may not be renewed.
**This position is in support of a Federally funded Employment Program with a defined hourly rate**
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $21.01 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
COVID-19 Considerations: U.S. EPA follows federal guidelines regarding COVID-19 safety and reopening procedures. For more information visit www.epa.gov.
- This position is in support of a Federally Funded Program with a defined hourly rate and requires all applicants be a minimum of 55 yrs of age (in accord with PL-98-313 and the Older Americans Worker Act)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Related: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location