The National Asian Pacific Center on Aging is seeking candidates 55 years of age and older for the position of Publication Specialist with the U.S. EPA Senior Environmental Employment Program.
Telework schedule is negotiable.
Provide technical support: virtual meetings support, writing, editing, proofing of a variety of written products for the general public and media, use procurement system for both news media advertising and public meeting space rentals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist with the proofing and editing of documents for submission by Branch employees to higher management.
· Public Meetings: Assists in scheduling public meetings with staff and clients, schedules facilities & services, determines equipment needs, manages purchase process, records, and files, and compiles public comments.
· Information Repositories: Researches and establishes locations for Superfund site information to be housed in local communities near the sites. Helps maintain the document collections at existing repositories.
· Independently write edit, and proof draft fact sheets, newsletters, and reports.
· Publications: Reviews and edits reports, site updates, facts sheets, post cards, brochures, and other publications. Works with web team to post documents to web sites.
· Provides a high level of customer service for EPA staff and for external parties such as media outlets, public meeting facilities, libraries.
· Public Notices: obtains approval for funding, newspaper submission, payment process, and archiving.
Benefits: Paid federal holidays, vacation, and sick leave. Program-paid medical insurance and enrollee-paid dental and vision plans available. This position is reviewed annually and may or may not be renewed.
**This position is in support of a Federally funded Employment Program with a defined hourly rate**
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $18.01 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- This position is in support of a Federally Funded Program with a defined hourly rate and requires all applicants be a minimum of 55 yrs of age (in accord with PL-98-313 and the Older Americans Worker Act)
Work Location: One location